Once you have downloaded and enabled the Tickets App, you can adjust your presets and configurations to specify what information and which tickets show on each device during CheckIn.
This often used to set devices in a "Volunteer Mode" for volunteers that are checking in attendees through the Tickets App. Note: You do not have to adjust these settings when using the app. These setting allow you to enabled advanced permissions for those checking in participants.
If no presets/configurations are set, the default information that will show includes the ticket purchaser name, the ticket holder name (if the event is collecting Individual Ticket Information), and the ticket group (only when Advanced Tickets are enabled) and ticket levels.
Once you have selected your event in the Tickets App, you can click the More tab at the bottom-right of the screen to arrive at the Event Options page. Click Event Settings to set presets and configurations.
Presets allow you to set what ticket and ticket purchaser information displays and information changes that the app user will be able to make. Click the + button to add a preset and adjust the preset settings:
When setting up a preset, name the preset first. For example, "Volunteer". Next, select which settings you would like to show from the list below:
- General Settings: If Show Ticket Group Name is checked, this will show the ticket group name during CheckIn. If not, only the ticket level will show. Most events will want to leave this setting off. Note: When using only simple tickets (and Advanced Tickets have not been enabled), the ticket level will show, regardless of this setting (since there would be no ticket groups). You can also Allow Un-Check In for those checking in attendees to use if they accidentally check someone in.
- Ticket View Settings: Select which information you would like to show under the Ticket Information section when you select the tickets. Note: If you are not collecting Individual Ticket Information, no information will display under Ticket Information.
Click Save in the top-right corner of the screen to save the preset.
Next, you will be asked if you would like to upload the preset to the cloud so that it can be used by other devices. If you select No, the preset will only be available locally on the device that you created the preset on. If you select Yes, the preset will be available to all devices with the Tickets App access for your ticket event.
Selecting Yes to upload the preset to the cloud will be beneficial if you have multiple volunteers checking in participants on different devices. This will allow you to set each volunteers' device to have the same capabilities and show the same information.
Once you have selected an upload option, you will be asked if you would like to create a new configuration to be used with the preset you have created:
If you select, Create Configuration, a configuration (with the same name as the preset), with that preset applied, will automatically be created and selected as the CheckIn Configuration:
All ticket groups will be visible, the preset that was created will be applied to all ticket group, and the rest of the settings will be set to the default settings.
If you select Don't Create the preset will be created without a configuration, and you will be able to create a configuration from scratch.
In order to use presets, you must set up configurations for them. A warning symbol will display next to the preset if no configuration is using the preset:
Note: You must have a configuration in order to use a preset. However, you do not need a preset to use a configuration. If there is no preset applied to your tickets/ticket groups, the default information will show, including purchaser and ticket holder (if collecting Individual Ticket Information) names, and the device will no setting to Un-Check In participants.
To add a configuration, click the + button under the configuration section:
When setting up a configuration, name the configuration first. For example, "June 2nd" to check in only tickets for June 2nd. Next, select which settings you would like to show from the list below.
- Show Checked In Tickets: When this is checked, tickets that have been checked in (marked by a green check mark) will show in the list of/search for tickets and ticket purchases along with the tickets that have not yet been checked in (marked by a red X).
- Apply Settings to Quick Check In: When this is checked, the configuration settings you have for custom questions will show for both Quick Check In (when the QR is scanned) in addition to during manual Check In (when searching for and/or tapping the ticket).
- Auto Show Keyboard in Search: When this is checked, the Keyboard will automatically appear to begin typing in the Search Bar when you go to the Ticket Purchases page (by clicking the CheckIn tab at the bottom of the screen). If not, you will have to click into the Search Bar to access the Keyboard and search for tickets.
Visible Ticket Groups: Select which ticket groups will show for that configuration. For example, if you have a multi-day event, you may only want to show the tickets for one day at a time.
Ticket Group Presets: Select which presets will be applied to each ticket group. If only some of the ticket groups are visible, this setting will only matter to the visible ticket groups for this configuration. You can set a different presets for the tickets groups in other configurations.
Purchase View Settings: Select which information you would like to show under the Purchase Information when you select the ticket purchases or individual tickets.
Bottom Tabs: Select if you would like to allow devices using this configuration to only show the Purchase Tab or the CheckIn Tab at the bottom of the screen. This setting can be used to designate specific devices for only ticket purchases or only CheckIn. By selecting Allow all Bottom Tabs, you can allow these devices to perform both on-site purchases and CheckIn.
Click Save in the top-right corner of the screen to save the configuration.
Next, you will be asked if you would like to upload the configuration to the cloud so that it can be used by other devices. If you select No, the configuration will only be available locally on the device that you created the preset on. If you select Yes, the configuration will be available to all devices with the Tickets App access for your ticket event.
Once you have selected an upload option, you will be asked if you would like to select that configuration for the device. If you click Select, that device will automatically be set to that configuration:
If you need to select a different configuration, you can do so by clicking the Select Configuration button at the bottom of the Event Settings page:
You can lock the device in order to keep the preset/configuration settings set for that device. This will help you ensure that anyone using the devices to CheckIn participants cannot change these settings.
To do this, click the More tab at the bottom of the screen and click Lock Event. You will be prompted to enter a 4-digit PIN that will have to be entered again later to unlock the event and make changes to the presets and configurations:
Once you set your devices with the correct presets and configurations, you are ready to check in attendees!
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article