When using Advanced Tickets, you can customize your event tiles to overwrite or hide dynamic content that automatically shows on the tiles and to get the exact content and look that you want. Note: This is not available when the simple tickets setup (only when Advanced Tickets are enabled).
Create Custom Ticket Tiles
To set up custom ticket tiles, navigate to Tickets >> Tile Display, and click +Add Ticket Tile Custom Display:
The first step, is setting up the overall Tile Layout, including labeling the display and selecting the type of tile Layout and Action buttons:
The Label will be used to easily identify the tile display when choose to add it to your website, and it will not show to anyone else.
The tile Layout can be in a Grid, in which the tiles are side by side (first image), or List, in which the tiles stack (second image):
The Action buttons can be Individual Signup Buttons, in which each Ticket Group tile will have a Sign Up button to click before selecting the quantity of tickets to purchase within that group (first and second image) or Ticket Quantity Selectors, in which purchasers can select the quantity of each ticket type they would like to purchase prior to clicking the Sign Up button and continuing in the purchase path (third and fourth images):
List Layout with Individual Signup Buttons:Grid Layout with Individual Signup Buttons:
List Layout with Ticket Quantity Selectors:
Grid Layout with Ticket Quantity Selectors:
When you are finished setting up the overall tile display, click the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
If you need to go back and adjust the Tile Layout, you can do so by clicking Edit Tile Layout to the right-hand side of the Tile Display:
Next, you can individually edit the content and display of each Ticket Group tile by clicking Edit Individual Tiles:
Select Edit Tile under the each tile to edit the tile content for that specific Ticket Group's tile:
You can edit the following content:
- Highlight: You can add a highlight banner with custom text to the the ticket tile or select Hidden to not display a banner.
- Image: You can add a Custom Image to display above the Ticket Group name on the top of the event tile or select Hidden to not display an image.
- Price: You can add a Custom Price with any text to display in place of the default price or hide the price from displaying on the ticket tiles all together. The Default Price will be the price of the ticket set under Tickets >> Pricing. If there are multiple price points in the ticket group, the default price will display the price range. Note: This customization is only available for Tile Displays with Individual Signup Buttons for the Action buttons (set up in the Tile Layout).
- Event Date: You can add a Custom Event Date to display under the price or hide the event dates from displaying on the ticket tiles. The Default Event Date will only show if you enable start and end dates for the ticket group, under Tickets >> Ticket Groups, by clicking Edit Ticket Group in the Actions dropdown for that Ticket Group.
- Event Description: You can add a Custom Event Description to display under the event date or hide the event description from displaying on the ticket tiles. The Default Event Description is the Event Tile Description that is automatically populated with the end date and time for the current purchase period. This can be edited under Tickets >> Ticket Groups by clicking Display Options in the Actions dropdown.
- Signup Button: You can customize the text on the signup button or leave the Default Signup Button text ("Sign Up").Note: This customizations is only available for Tile Displays with Individual Signup Buttons for the Action buttons (set up in the Tile Layout)
See the images below for an example of the original tiles (first image) and the custom tiles with the above customizations (second image):
When you are finished customizing the Ticket Group tile, click the Save button to continue editing the other tiles.
Add Tile Display to Event Website
Once you are finished creating your Tile Display, you will have the option to add the custom tiles to your website via the Cover Page or the Website Builder.
Cover Page Tile Display
To display the custom tiles on your Cover Page, first, navigate to Website >> Cover Page. Under Content, click the + button to add a content section, and select the Data content component:
Under Data Type, select Event Tiles. A Custom Event Tile Display (Optional) section will appear with a drop down list of all of the tile displays you have created for this event. Select the tile display that you would like to have on your cover page:
Note: If you leave None selected, the default tile settings and/or other Ticket Group Display Options you set will display on your event tiles.
When you are finished setting up the content section details, click the Save button in the top right corner to save the custom tiles to the cover page.
For additional information on setting up your Cover Page, review our Cover Pages help guide here.
Website Builder Tile Display
To display the custom tiles page your event website (other than on the cover page), first, navigate to Website >> Website Builder. You can add a new page by clicking the + button or click into an existing page from the Navigation on the right-hand side of the Website Builder:
Once you are in the desired page, click the + Add Section button to add a section into the page, and select Single Column:
Note: Event tiles cannot go in a two column section.
Next, click the + button within the section to add content and select the Events component:
A Custom Event Tile Display* section will appear with a drop down list of all of the tile displays you have created for this event. Select the tile display that you would like to have on your website:
Note: If you leave No customizations selected, the default tile settings and/or other Ticket Group Display Options you set will display on your event tiles.
There will also be an Add Custom Tile Display button below the Custom Tile Display dropdown that will take you into create a new Tile Display:
When you are finished adding the Tile Display and making other adjustments in the Website Builder, click the Save button.
Note: Once you have set up the Tile Display to show on your event website, the display settings that are set at the Ticket Group level under Tickets >> Ticket Groups by clicking Display Options in the Action dropdown will be overwritten by these settings.
Here is an example of custom ticket tiles displayed on an event website:
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article