My credit card is no longer valid and I need a refund. How do I update my card to receive my refund?

Modified on 28 June

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change where the refund is being sent. If the refund has already been issued to a standard credit card, there is no need to worry! The bank has to deliver that refund; they will either apply the refund to the cardholder’s new account, or they may apply it to the old account and send a statement showing a negative balance.

Very rarely, when neither of those is an option, they will reject the refund. If the refund is rejected by the bank, GiveSignup will be notified and at that point, we will email the registrant and reissue the refund by check.

Unfortunately, if a refund has been issued to a prepaid debit card which has been disposed of, we are not able to recover those funds. If the registrant has the card information they may be able to contact the issuing bank to ask for help.

If you did not receive a new card from the same bank, the bank will reject the refund, and at that point, we will issue the refund to you by check. For assistance, contact finance@runsignup.com. 

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select at least one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article